Why hello, didn’t see you there.
My name is Katie (Katherine for short) and I’ve been contemplating entering the blogosphere for some time now. I’m obsessed with reading fitness, health, & vegan blogs and gained so much inspiration from them that I figured I could share my take on the world as well, which in turn might inspire someone else.. blah, blah, blah.. So yep, here I am. Welcome to my crazy world.
First things first – I HATE writing. So creating a blog makes perfect sense, right? Right. I thought so too.
My intentions for this blog are recipes, workouts, lots of pictures (probably mostly of my dog – obsessed.), and some general ramblings. This is probably the most I will ever write in one blog. I mean, who really wants to sit there and read paragraph after paragraph of someone else’s life? Not me. I probably lost a few of you already, so here’s a picture of the best thing that ever happened to me.
Well, now he looks more like this..
And maybe a little of this..
That may or may not have been Halloween. I dress my dog up. He loves it. Get over it.
So yes, you have officially been introduced to Sir Berkeley James, know as “Sir” or “Berk” or “Get back here!” for short. He’s a 4-year-old Goldendoodle from good old Amish Country, PA. He likes long walks on the beach, a nice glass of red wine by the fire place and dirty half chewed nerf footballs. You will see a lot of him on here.
Okay, what else? Oh, so there’s the other love of my life. Can’t forget about him. This is Mr. Clean, oh, I mean Bill. Oops, I forget sometimes.
Isn’t he adorable? No, but seriously, he’s pretty awesome. Like, he even does the dishes. Melt..
To be fair, here’s both of us at one of the billion weddings we went to over the summer. He’s a stud. Obviously.
Hmm.. What else? I suppose there’s somewhere in here to make an “About Me” sections, so I won’t go in depth into that here. Here’s the CliffsNotes..
Vegan, LOVE to cook. There will be many recipes and pictures.
It’s all about Berkeley, we just live in his world.
- This is my best friend since third grade, Larisa. She’s
crazyawesome. (This is at our Senior Prom I believe. Classy.)
- I play organized Adult dodgeball (amongst other sports). It’s awesome. Shut up.
- Structural Engineer in North East PA. I make things stand up, I don’t make them pretty, therefore we are highly underappreciated in our industry. Poor me.
- Recently drank the punch and joined Crossfit. It’s
horribleawesome. I’ll share the horriblefun workouts with you everyday. Berkeley does Crossfit too..
- We brew beer, we go to tastings, we are in a Beer club. We’re the real deal.
- I like wine too.
- The only professional sport I will watch is Football. Go Eagles! I have never been to a live game, and I lived in Philadelphia for 7 years, go figure.
- I bite my nails. Still. I’m 29. Gross.
- I want to like running but I seriously hate it. Like with a passion. Double Gross.
Well, that about sums it up. Welcome and make yourself at home.